Tammy



I hope she chose the name Tammy ironically to show how much she was NOT “Tammy and the Bachelor.” Ok. This movie has some funny parts. It was super hilarious at the beginning. There were a few parts that were laugh out loud worthy too. Overall though, it wasn’t as funny as I would have liked. I would not suggest this film to anyone, because it was just mediocre.  

5 questions answered
1. Did I go to this movie with the right attitude?
Yes. I wanted to like it. I do like the many actors in it. Melissa Mccarthy can be hilarious. I loved “The Heat”. I thought she was fabulous in “Bridesmaids”. I even loved her as Sookie on “Gilmore Girls”.
Susan Sarandon did some real acting, as usual. I liked her. She was playing the grandma. I really didn’t feel like she was old enough, Even though she is old enough in real life. Maybe it was the fake grey hair.
Mellisa Mccarthy’s real life husband, Ben Falcone, makes a guest appearance. They are so funny together. It might have been better if they had more scenes with both Mccarthy and Falcone. They co-wrote the movie together too.
Many big names showed up, such as Kathy Bates,  Allison Janney, Dan Aykroyd, Toni Collette, Sandra Oh, and even one of my favs Mark Duplass.  These kind of big names show a trust in Mccarthy’s talent. I do want her to succeed, so I like that these people did too.

2. What part of the movie was the funniest?
The Beginning was when I laughed the most. The whole set of first sequences were just ridiculously funny. Mccarthy really has a way of delivering a great line that makes it even funnier. I really liked the start of the film. I do not want to spoil anything, so I won’t say specifically. I also loved the part that in the trailer (the robbery). That was pure genius!

3. What did I find a little tedious?
  • The plot of her grandma drinking. It wasn’t funny enough to be a good comic relief, and it was too serious for a comedy like this.
  • Lesbian parties are not funny just for the sake of being a party of lesbians. It needs more.
  • Mark Duplass is hilarious. They did not give him any good lines. He just laughed at Tammy’s funny jokes. It could have been better. For instance, they could have channeled the light humor of Chris O'Dowd in “Bridesmaids”.
4. What could have made this movie better?
The reason “The Heat” and most buddy comedies worked so well, generally speaking, is that the buddy dynamic is one person is out of control, and the other is straight edged. This movie had two out of control buddies (Tammy and her Grandma).  The funniest parts were when Tammy was making horrible decisions on her own.

5. Do I have any advice before seeing this movie?
Lower your expectations. Then, you might like it. It isn’t horrible, just not as humorous as you would hope. There are some really great parts. Other people might think it is funnier than I did, because I am not a  huge fan of Mike and Molly either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Review Types

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author