Kingsman: The Secret Service



Surprisingly funny. I liked this movie, and might even try to see it again. When I walked into the free screening, I was worried. I knew this movie had the same producer (Matthew Vaughn) of one of my other favorite movies “Kick Ass “and the sequel. But, the screen had a giant picture of a woman’s butt front and center with Samuel L Jackson in the background swearing. I am not a prude, but I was worried what I had gotten myself into. I thought this was a Colin Firth movie with action scenes and a bit of comedy thrown in. That is exactly what it turned out to be. So, phew!

5 Questions Answered
What was this movie about?
Just what you think. It is about a boy from the poor side of town getting recruited by a secret service.  

Who was in this?
Colin Firth, and he is looking good. Samuel L. Jackson and he has a lisp. He was hilarious! Taron Egerton is this new kid, I believe is only 23, and he is kind of enjoyable. He was very well cast. There were a few extra guest appearances that were great such as Mark Hamill, Michael Caine, Mark Strong, and Jack Davenport.

Why was this movie good?
It was comical. It had that element of amusing entertainment. It didn’t take itself seriously, but had a good plot. The script was exactly like it should be. It was just easy and fun to watch. It was like any typical James bond knock off, but it had a few elements of delightful surprise. It was cheesy, but I don’t mind that. It found a good balance of classic charm and dirty humor.

Who should you see it with?
Anyone that likes action movies. My sister loved it, but I think my boyfriend would have liked it too. It is cheesy though, so keep that in mind. As long as you have that expectation going into this movie, you will be fine.

Would I change anything?

Not much. I may have cut the movie a little bit. It was a tad bit long in the training series part of the film. The fighting scenes were brutal and gruesome, but stayed interesting. It was gory, so don’t take anyone with a weak stomach. But, I liked and expected this. So, I wouldn’t change that. It wasn’t the best movie of the year, but it was easy and fun to watch. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Review Types

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author